Fidelity Asia Bank Ltd (“Fab”) and its Banking Group which includes the parent company, subsidiaries, and any associated company as defined in the Companies Act 1965 from time to time, places great importance in keeping up with legal and regulatory changes. In view that the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 is in force, we are taking steps to ensure that we are in compliance with the new Act. We write to keep you informed of our endeavours and also to provide you information on your personal information which we may be processing and the manner in which we are doing so.
Fab, processes your personal information, such as your contact details, background information, financial data and other information relevant to your account with Fidelity Asia Bank (“Fab”) which you had previously provided through contact with Fab may also have obtained your personal information from analysing your payments and other transactions or services within the Fab and its Banking Group and any associated company.
In certain circumstances, Fab may also have obtained your personal information from third parties such as your employers, joint applicants / account holders, guarantors, legal representatives, industry / financial related associations, credit bureaus or credit reference agencies, retailers, social networks and fraud prevention agencies or other organisations.
Please be informed that your personal information is being processed by Fidelity Asia Bank for the following purposes ("Purpose"):-
1. providing you Fab products and/or services which you have subscribed for and notifying you about important changes or developments to the features;
2. updating and managing the accuracy of Fab and its Banking Group’s records;
3. prevention, detection or prosecution of crime, and complying with legal and regulatory obligations;
4. assessment and analysis including credit / lending / insurance risks / behaviour scoring, market and product analysis and market research (if any);
5. cross selling, marketing and promotions including administering offers and competitions;
6. communications and ensuring customer satisfaction, which may include conducting surveys to improve the quality of our products and services, responding to inquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
7. determining the amount of your indebtedness and recovering debt that you owe to Fab (if any);
8. maintaining your credit history for present and future reference (if any);
9. enabling an actual or proposed assignee of Fab, or participant or sub-participant of Fab, which includes the parent company, subsidiaries, and any associated company to evaluate your transactions which are intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation (if any); and
10. protecting Fab and its Banking Group’s interests and other ancillary or related purposes.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other companies within the Fab and its Banking Group, service providers, merchants and Fab’s strategic partners, vendors including debt collection agencies, professional advisers, industry / financial related associations, credit bureaus or credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies, governmental agencies, other financial institutions and any of their respective agents, servants and/or such persons, whether located within or outside Malaysia for the Purpose. Your personal information may also be disclosed or transferred to relevant third parties as a result of any restructuring, sale or acquisition of any company within the Fab and its Banking Group, provided that the recipient uses your personal information for the Purpose only. Please note that it is necessary for Fab to process your personal information for the Purpose, without which Fab will not be able to provide the product and/or service that you have requested from Fab.
In some circumstances, you may have provided personal and financial information relating to others (e.g. joint-applicant, spouse, related parties and/or emergency contact persons) for the Purpose. In such cases, you represent and warrant that you had or have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide their information to Fab.
You may request for access to, correction, or deletion of your personal information or limit the processing thereof (including personal data of others provided by you) at any time hereafter. Any inquiries or complaints with respect to your personal information may also be channelled to Fidelity Asia Bank by submitting such request to Fab via post, email or facsimile transmission to the following address:
Fidelity Asia Banking Group
Lot 18 (C), 18th Floor
10, Jalan P. Ramlee
50250 Kuala Lumpur
Facsimile number: +603 2026 1092 email: [email protected]
Fab and its Banking Group may modify or update this privacy notice to reflect any changes to its privacy practices. In any case, an updated version of this notice is available on www.fidelityasiabank.com and you may periodically review this website to obtain the latest information on the Fab and its Banking Group’s privacy practices.
We trust that you consent and agree to the terms above with respect to our processing of your personal information. If you do not consent to the above, kindly contact us at the above mentioned contact details.